Your manuscript should always be a concern for book in Tobacco Control
- In the event that movie shows any living that is identifiable and/or recognizable personal stats, writers have to demonstrate that permission happens to be obtained. If your consent that is patient ended up being given to the associated article, you don’t have to present this once more for the video clip.
- Please utilize the compression parameters that movie sharing internet sites utilize. Frequently they are standard choices from your own modifying pc pc pc software. a guide that is comprehensive available from the vimeo internet site.
Videos are way too large to e-mail therefore will have to be uploaded to BMJ’s account regarding the website that is hightail. Please range from the journal’s name as well as your manuscript ID number when you look at the message field – this will allow us to fit your movie to your paper. Your video clip has to be gotten by the time which you get back the modifications for the article evidence, at the extremely latest. Please be aware that if you miss the deadline, this may cause delays in publication of both your article and the video if you do not correctly label your video or.
All video clip abstracts may be evaluated for suitability by the editorial publication and team just isn’t guaranteed in full. In certain situations editors may request edits into the video clip.
Movie abstracts are embedded in the research article on the internet and additionally posted individually in the journal’s YouTube channel. They’ve been posted beneath the exact exact same copyright terms while the associated article.
Article processing fees
During distribution, writers can decide to own their article published access that is open GBP 1950 (plus VAT for British and EU writers). Writers also can elect to publish their article in colour for the print version – rather than the standard choice of black colored and white – for GBP 250. There are not any submission, web page or online-only color figure fees.
To learn more about available access, funder conformity and institutional programmes please view here.
Tobacco Control adheres to BMJ’s Tier 3 information policy. We strongly encourage that data created by your quest that supports your article be produced available at the earliest opportunity, anywhere legitimately and ethically feasible. A Data must be contained by all research articles Availability Statement. To get more information and FAQs, please see BMJ’s Data Sharing Policy that is full page.
Tobacco Control mandates ORCID iDs for the submitting writer at enough time of article distribution; co-authors and reviewers are highly motivated to additionally connect their ScholarOne records to ORCID. We highly genuinely believe that the increased use and integration of ORCID iDs are going to be good for the entire research community.
Please find more info about ORCID and BMJ’s policy on our Author Hub .
Please review the under article kind requirements like the necessary article lengths, pictures, table restrictions and guide counts. The term count excludes the name page, abstract, tables, acknowledgements, contributions and recommendations. Manuscripts must certanly be because succinct as you possibly can.
For further help when coming up with your distribution please relate to the resources available in the BMJ Author Hub. Right right right Here there are informative data on writing and formatting your quest until the peer review process and marketing your paper. You can also need to make use of the language modifying and interpretation solutions supplied by BMJ Author Services.
If the article is accepted you’ll benefit from BMJ’s partnership with Kudos , a totally free solution to assist you maximise your article’s reach.
Articles research that is reporting be complete size or brief reports. Papers should generally be at the most 3500 terms in total, excluding tables, recommendations, abstract and ‘What this paper adds’. Exceptions may www.essay-writing.org/ sometimes be manufactured to the, especially in the outcome of review articles, qualitative research and tobacco industry document research, however in basic shorter documents could be more competitive for book. The editors will look at the merits regarding the instance for longer documents on a basis that is case-by-case but documents much longer than 5000 terms won’t be considered. Writers are highly motivated to see or watch the suggested length restrictions, as exorbitant size may disadvantage an otherwise appropriate paper because of the room restrictions regarding the log.
Writers will include a part entitled ‘What this paper adds’, which summarises the key communications from the research as follows:
- What exactly is already understood with this subject. in 2 or three solitary phrase bullet points please summarise their state of clinical knowledge about this subject. Be specific and clear, perhaps perhaps maybe not vague.
- Exactly exactly exactly What gaps that are important knowledge occur with this subject.
- Just just What this research adds. In a single or two solitary phrase bullet points give a simple response to the concern ‘ just What do we now understand because of this study that people would not know before?’. Be brief, succinct, particular, and accurate.
Term count: generally as much as 3500 terms
Tables/Illustrations: as much as 5
sources: no limitation, but be sure to use recommendations just as required
this informative article kind is at the mercy of interior and outside peer review
Brief reports are reduced variations of initial articles, must not meet or exceed 1500 terms, and can even add one figure or table.
This short article type is at the mercy of interior and outside peer review.
Letter (original research)
Research letters meant for publication must certanly be no more than 500 terms, 10 recommendations, plus one figure or table. Those answering articles posted within the journal must certanly be submitted as described below under communication.
Research letters should not replicate information offered into the text of articles. They ought to have a name, a methods that are brief, outcomes and a conversation.
This informative article kind is susceptible to internal and outside peer review.
Unique communications are papers which do not report initial research information but which give a conversation, analysis, or report on a subject that is particular. As a whole these should really be 3500 terms or less, with smaller contributions advantaged in consideration of room restrictions.
This short article type is susceptible to interior and peer review that is sometimes external.
Review articles provide overview of the literary works, often concerning a certain topic, nation, or region that is geographical. Review manuscripts, including meta-analyses, ought to include an abstract because of the after headings: objective, data sources, research selection, information removal, information synthesis, and conclusions writers publishing review manuscripts and reports associated with the outcomes of meta-analyses should prepare an abstract of a maximum of 250 terms beneath the after headings:
- Objective – The abstract must start having a accurate declaration for the main goal for the review. The main focus with this declaration should always be led by perhaps the review emphasises facets such as for instance cause, behavior, intervention, populace, or avoidance. It must consist of information regarding the population that is specific intervention, visibility, and test or result this is certainly being evaluated.
- Information sources – A succinct summary of information sources ought to be provided, including any moment limitations. Possible sources consist of specialists or research institutions mixed up in field, computerised databases and published indexes, registries, abstract booklets, meeting procedures, recommendations identified from bibliographies of relevant articles and publications, and businesses or manufacturers of tests or agents being evaluated. In cases where a bibliographic database is used, the actual indexing terms useful for article retrieval should always be stated, including any constraints (for instance, English language or individual topics).
- Learn selection – The abstract should explain the requirements utilized to pick studies for step-by-step review from among studies defined as strongly related this issue. Information on selection ought to include specific populations, interventions, results, or methodological designs. The technique accustomed apply these criteria must certanly be specified – as an example, blind review, opinion, numerous reviewers. The percentage of initially identified studies that came across selection requirements should really be stated.
- Information extraction – instructions used for abstracting data and data that are assessing and credibility (such as for instance requirements for causal inference) should really be described. The technique through which the rules had been used must be stated: as an example, separate removal by numerous observers.
- Data synthesis – the primary outcomes of the review, whether quantitative or qualitative, should really be stated. Techniques utilized to acquire these total outcomes must be outlined. Meta-analyses should state the outcomes that are major had been pooled and can include odds ratios or impact sizes if possible, sensitiveness analyses. Numerical outcomes must be associated with confidence periods, if relevant, and precise quantities of analytical significance. Evaluations of assessment and diagnostic tests should deal with problems of sensitiveness, specificity, likelihood ratios, receiver characteristic that is operating, and predictive values. Assessments of prognosis will include summarisations of success characteristics and associated variables. Major identified sources of variation between studies must be stated, including variations in therapy protocols, co-interventions, confounders, result measures, follow through, and dropout prices.
- Conclusions – The conclusions and their applications ought to be demonstrably stated, restricting generalisation to your domain for the review. The necessity for new studies could be recommended.
Term count: by settlement, but generally speaking 5000 terms or less (excluding tables, numbers and sources)
this short article kind is at the mercy of interior and outside peer review.